Meeting order Reversed, starting with new EOC manager for program
Kyle Mirehouse, Rochester EM director, started in June
City took EM department out of FD and moved into Administration
Focus on Preparedness and Recovery
Exercise on Halloween at RST Airport; Full virtual observation portal. City, County, Airport in one. Derived 180p aircraft Mass Casualty Incident
Currently capable of using DLAN and WebEOC systems
Lots of Q/A, thanks Kyle!
Business part of mtg: Started 8:00pm
Technical committee: Meeting 9/12 PM:
- DSTAR repeater; Needs to be replaced with new repeater, looking for ICOM rebate sometime in the fall. Current cost is ~$1650+tax, rebates usually ~$500, wait until October
- 255 repeater; County notified. Decorah came in fine, Austin was not
- Black trailer: Cleaned out, sold one military mast
- EOC computer; Ready for applications to be installed. New SSD and Video adapter (AA0CN). May need monitor and mouse
- Laptops discussion to be had.
- 125Live: New antenna to replace ARES trailer, VHF antenna currently in trailer will go to 125Live. Discussion with Director regarding room, and coax under discussion. Multiband vertical ready to go in.\
- This weekend, Ham Virtual Exo (QSO Today). Vendors, ARRL, etc.
- CQWW RTTY contest coming up at end of month
- No notes from August meeting, picnic
- Training this Saturday on FLDIGI, video and Show-And–Tell
- Delta Frequency (MN VHF Frequency Pool), hands-on training
- State 800MHz trailer out/deploy, can set up if/when needed.
Treasurer’s report N0UM:
Opening Balance: $ 5,312.35
Raffle: $ 17.00
RPU: $ 51.66
Meeting Food $ 17.98
Field Day: Food $ 216.37
Equipment $ 28.06
Closing Balance: $ 5,015.28
Opening Balance: $ 9,822.20
Interest: $ 0.08
Closing Balance: $ 9,822.28
Total: $ 14,837.56
Opening Balance: $ 5,015.28
PayPal Dues: $ 90.00
Equipment Sold $ 878.00
Amazon: $ 46.31
RPU: $ 50.12
Paypal charges $ 3.27
Picnic $ 154.55
Equipment $ 180.46
Closing Balance: $ 5,641.19
Opening Balance: $ 9,822.28
Interest: $ 0.08
Closing Balance: $ 9,822.36
Total: $ 15,436.55
Programs: Melissa KE0WNH
Radio Astronomy next month, professor coming to describe what can be done with Radio Astronomy
EOC Computer: Refurbished, ready to load apps.
AA0CN two years membership for SSD and work KF0S proposed, K0VH seconded.
Roger and Barb free membership : $35 check for use of campground + 1yr family membership, W0STV + K0VH seconded
If interested in Drone, Diji drone, contact Eric KF0S.
RARC Educational Program: Next Thursday, K0VH New Hams education. “How to get Ham License”, target new/prospective Hams.
125Live: Need approval LMR240 UltraFlex. Ready to start pulling when we get it. HRO $1.14/ft, others similar. 12x PL259 connectors (crimp). + ~300ft of coax, total ~$400 at HRO. Motion to buy: K0VH made, seconded Dennis. We have some money set aside from the IBM amp (SB220).
John Marshall (KE0WNH): School started, first official club meeting Tuesday after next week. Students seem excited! Meeting after school, 3:30s on Tuesdays. Fox Hunt gear and other stuff, should be fun.
Purchased on good sale, can get 12V DC Power supplies for them. Club seeking approval? Just under $1000 for three of these. Motion passed.
July 30th 1971 QST: RARC founded in 1931. 50th anniversary. AC0W Bill, to present our anniversary!
Meeting closed at 8:42pm