- N0HZN said thank you to all who participated in the.
- W0STV announced Tuesday at 7:15PM there will be a net on 146.625 to finalize field day plans. Please drop by and do what you can to help.
- W0STV announced we could use additional assistance with the Rochesterfest Parade, if you’re considering going, bring a radio and help out?
- The 146.67 winlink node is being updated/upgraded and should become operation on or after Tuesday this week.
This month’s meeting will be held at KOA Campground beginning at 5PM
Hosts: Roger and Barbara Philip – W0KOA & KB0KOA
5232 65th Avenue SE
Rochester, MN 55904
Please consider bringing a dish to pass and bring your own beverages for this event! The RARC will be supplying pulled pork sandwiches from HyVee for dinner
Contact Bob, K0SIR@ARRL.NET with meeting ideas or suggestions for future meetings!
- W0STV: Winlink node is down for maintainence
- N0HZN: Believe in Me Bike Ride is next Saturday, need 2-3 more people to sign up!
- KC0NPF: Club meeting is Tuesday, KC0CJP will be presenting
- AA0CN: Announced that Field Day preparations are nearly complete. Please sign up to operate. Station leads please check the Field Day equipment inventory.
- AA0CN: Still need a 24ft or longer trailer to transport antennas, contact AA0CN.
- AA0CN: Planning meetings for Field Day are 7:15PM on Tuesdays on 146.625 (except this week because of the club meeting).
- Skywarn review notes:
- Great job overall.
- Think twice before you make a non-severe report during intense portions of the Skywarn net. The frequency needs to be available for severe reports!
- During an active net only check in when you’re actually available to deploy OR actively observe from your location.
- Net control will be working with the county EOC to determine when pre-staging or standby checkins are appropriate.
The RARC holds a social event the last Thursday of each month at Wildwood. Plenty of parking and the food is great. We average around 7 to 10 people, and we have had as many as 13. We meet around 5:30 pm. We have been leaving around 7:30. We discuss anything and everything. It is very informal. Hams that you have not seen at meetings or public service events have shown up. Come and join us bring the family have some drink some eats and have a good time.
PLEASE RSVP by 12:00 NOON on Thursday
The Rochester Amateur Radio Club (RARC) monthly meeting is at 6:30 p.m on the second Tuesday of every month, at the Rochester City Emergency Operations Center located in the lower level of the 2185 Wheelock Drive Rochester Fire Station No. 2 building.
Meetings start with a brief club-business discussion, then a Rag-Chew time with treats, and finally a
very semi interesting presentation of amateur radio interest.
This month’s program – KC0CJP presents Logging Software and Field Day
We’ll be focusing on the N1MM logging software with specific focus on the “nuts and bolts” of how to use the software to its full potential during Field Day. We want all operators making contacts, not fighting with the tools!
Contact BJ, KC0NPF@gmail with your club meeting ideas and suggestions for future meetings!
Feel free to join us for an optional social dinner before at 5pm at Whistle Binkies North, voted best bar in Minnesota!
- AA0CN is still looking for a 24ft trailer or vehicle to haul antenna elements. Contact AA0CN
- Field day schedule and plans are available.
- The 10 meter net from now until Field Day will contain discussion about the logistics and setup of Field Day.
- N0HZN announced that positions are still open for the Med City marathon. If you’re new, please sign up and mention that you are new, we’ll pair you with an experienced operator so you can enjoy and learn together.
The Rochester Amateur Radio Club hosted a Field Day event at Schaeffer Academy June 22-23rd, open to the public from Noon to 9PM on Saturday, and from 9AM to Noon Sunday.
This post will be updated with photos and scores as they become available!
Field Day is ham radio’s open house! Every June, more than 40,000 hams throughout North America set up temporary transmitting stations in public places to demonstrate ham radio’s science, skill and service to our communities and our nation. It combines public service, emergency preparedness, community outreach, and technical skills all in a single event. Members of the public are welcome to come and learn about Ham Radio with voice, digital, morse/cw, and mobile stations being operated, and even try it out as guest radio operators under expert guidance at our “Get On The Air” station during this free event!
- N0HZN mentioned we could use a couple more people for the Stay out of the Sun run this Friday.
- W0STV announced May 20, Fillmore ARES is doing an ID training course in Spring Valley. This course is related to identifying volunteers during a disaster response. Please sign up for this event if you plan to attend.
- W0STV announced Thursday through Sunday is the Dayton Hamvention. Many discounts will be available for ham gear both online and at Hamvention during this event period.
- KC0NPF announced the club meeting for this month.
- AA0CN announced our Field Day setup begins Friday the 21st.
- Field Day sign ups are up! We need to confirm who’s equipment will be used.
- We are looking for a scoring coordinator, to collect the various sources of points from all stations as well as bonus points. Contact AA0CN
- AA0CN is still seeking a 24ft trailer for hauling our antenna elements. We have one possible lead but it will require a truck capable of towing a 5th wheel to use. Contact AA0CN
- AA0CN announced we need a 24ft or longer trailer to haul antenna components for Field Day. Contact AA0CN
- We are looking for a safety officer for Field day. Contact AA0CN
- We are looking for a scoring officer for Field Day. Contact AA0CN
- WA0RLY announced that there is a VEC Test session June 19 6:30 PM at the Fire Department building in Glenville Mn.
- BJ announced the next club meeting program will be DX and Contesting.
- Hands free cellphone law goes into effect August 1st. There should be exemption for amateur radio operation.