Recommended Training for ARES Members
The following self-directed courses are available for free through FEMA.
ARES members are encouraged to take them in order to get familiarized with the Incident Command System in use nationally.
- IS-100b Introduction to the Incident Command System: http://training.fema.gov/IS/courseOverview.aspx?code=IS-100.b
- IS-200 Basic Incident Command System: http://training.fema.gov/EMIWeb/IS/is200.asp
- IS-700 National Incident Management System (NIMS), An Introduction: http://training.fema.gov/EMIWeb/IS/is700.asp
- IS-800 National Response Plan (NRP), An Introduction: http://training.fema.gov/is/courseoverview.aspx?code=IS-800.b
MN ARES also recommends the following courses:
- EC-001 Introduction to Emergency Communication http://www.arrl.org/online-course-catalog#
- CPR/AED and First Aid Training: Via Red Cross