Olmsted County ARES Organization
The Olmsted county ARES (Amateur Radio Emergency Service) organization provides emergency communications for real and simulated emergency events in southeast Minnesota.The ARES organization provides emergency communications support for VOAD, Channel One, the American Red Cross, Rochester Police Department, Rochester EOC, and Fire Deparment, the Olmsted County office of Emergency Management and the Mayo foundation.
Steve Wiebke (W0STV) 254-3993 is the Olmsted county ARES Emergency Coordinator (EC).
Active ARES members are amateur radio operators who have completed an ARES Registration Form. To become an active ARES member, simply complete and return the ARES Registration Form. Download the ARES Registration form PDF file to your PC. Open the PDF form with Adobe Reader. Fill out the form, and return it by doing one of the following:
- Print out the completed form and mail it to:
P.O. Box 1
Rochester, MN 55903
- Or, print out the completed form and bring it with you to an RARC club meeting, and deliver it to Steve Wiebke.
- Or, save the completed PDF form, and email it to W0STV@arrl.net.
The participation hours in ARES activities and nets determines the registered member’s position on the ARES A or B teams. All RARC club members are associate members of the Olmsted county ARES organization.
All active ARES memebers are encouraged to purchase an ARES vest. If you need an ARES vest or would like to become an active ARES member, please contact Steve W0STV@arrl.net.
Any Olmsted ARES member that is available to provide communications support when ARES is activated is requested to contacting EC Steve Wiebke on the 147.255 PL100 repeater or at 254-3993. Please contact the following for additional Minnesota ARES and Olmsted county emergency management information:
- Skip Jackson, KSØJ, Minnesota Section Manager (SM)
- Daniel D. Anderson, KDØASX, Minnesota Section Emergency Coordinator (SEC)
- Bill Osler, KØRGR, Minnesota Southeast District Emergency Coordinator (DEC).
- Bob Wiles, ABØBW, Minnesota District 1 Assistant Emergency Coordinator.
- Marvin Myers Jr, KCØCLC, Dodge County Emergency Coordinator (EC).
- Capt Mike Bromberg, KDØEOB, Director of Homeland Security and Emergency Ops for Olmsted Cty
- Greg Martin, Deputy Emergency Management Director for Olmsted County
- Ken Jones, KD8HPX, Deputy Emergency Management Director for Rochester
ARES and related information links:
- Minnesota Section ARES
- District 1 ARES – Southeast Minnesota
- Olmsted County Emergency Operations Center
- ARRL Minnesota Section