FOR SALE: HF STATION
Yaesu FT920 , MD-100 Mic, SP8 Speaker, AT1500CV Antenna Tuner, Ameritron AL-811H Amplifier. Will sell amp separately or as part of the package.
RARC Silent Key equipment process (Nov 17 2017, K0VH)
> Start of process: Get a call from spouse, relative or friend of SK/Silent Key ham that passed away wondering if RARC would like to help dispose of the equipment...
1. CALLER emails LIST of MAIN PIECES of EQUIPMENT. Stuff sitting on the desk: Brand, model number.
- Antennas or towers?
- SK Active or former RARC member?
2. FIND OUT method of sale/disposal
- Donate proceeds to RARC: RARC could keep some for FD, ARES, new ham loaners -vs-
- Family wants all or some funds
Is family willing to handle sale w/RARC guidance? -OR-
Family lets RARC handle with monetary/memorial donation to RARC
RARC generally will NOT handle ebay deals, use only local sales, auctions, or via (1)
3. Schedule visit to SK ham's place by RARC designated group
- K0VH (gen'l), N0HZN (vhf/uhf), W0VLZ (tube rigs, QRP), KC0P (gen'l), W0BM (gen'l), K0SIR? others?
- Should be at least two hams. Second person may also be 1st contact or friend of SK.
- Do more accurate inventory beyond desk, ie "on the shelf" & junk box items
- Do some testing of desk based gear: does it power on, xmtr PO?, rcr ok?
- Antenna/tower removals only by crew with skills willing to purchase or if FD donated (if no one wants do we have names of local antenna companies like Norman or G&S)
4. Bring itemized list back to
- RARC meeting, or
- post on RARC for sale website (this page, contact Secretary) and Rochester hams yahoo group
- or auction, or ?? email to other local clubs
A few additional points to consider de W0VLZ Niel:
- If sale/disposal is handled by the RARC then swapmeet rules apply to buyers: no returns and what you see is what you get.
- The inventory team should take photos of the items being inventoried. This will minimize the number of return visits.
- If equipment or proceeds are donated to RARC then the club should provide an itemized receipt to SK family for tax purposes.
- Discuss with the family how/when to pickup the donated/sold gear and what to do with any unsold or unsellable dregs.
Note(1) W0BM has name of buyer who might be interested in older gear but only in MN ~2x/year
Here you will find items for sale related to ham radio from local club members. Have something you aren't using? Let us know!
- K0RDA has an ICOM IC-92AD DSTAR VHF UHF HT for sale. Used less than 10 hours. Original $600, asking $300 OBO. Contact here.
DeVry Technical Institute Volt meter, Model Hi-1501 Microwave Survey meter by Holiday Industries, Bell-Howell school Oscilloscope Model 10D-4540, Telequipment - Oscilloscope S 51B, Tektronix 2225 50Mhz Oscilloscope, Channel master Model 6218 Carrier Level Detector, Sabtronics Model 2000 Frequency Counter, BK Model 970 Transistor Equipment Analyst, Some Cables, Sencore SG165 AM-FM stereo Analyzer, $250.00 or best Offer, Contact Jerry Nau, K0GQX, 507-289-2196.
- HW9 QRP Transceiver and Accesories - this radio was donated to RARC some years ago. We would like $150 for the radio and the PSA-9 power supply. There is also a matching SP-99 speaker ($30) and HFT-9A antenna tuner ($40), and an HM-9 QRP Watt/SWR meter for $40. Contact Neil, W0VLZ, for details.
This page is the responsibility of K0RGR.